As many of you know, despite the links on my navigation bars, I do promote a lot of websites, blogs, books or anything else other than common sense and financial information (ok and maybe a healthy love for sarcasm photoshopped pictures) but I have run into something recently that I just plain love. Well, times are a changing, or at least this one time is a-changing. What is this mysterious site that I am referring to? Pets.com? No… its…
Bing shopping cash back!
If you are like me, you probably only know Bing as the overly-advertised-we-wish-we-could-compete-with-google site from microsoft. This time though, they win a battle with google in the shopping department.
Depending on the merchant you can earn between 1-30% cash back on any purchase. Thats a pretty damn good deal if you ask me. The only thing that I can think of that compares is the discover card 5% cash back when they have it (rarely).
Some other nice things about bing are that
1) You dont have to use a credit card you can use paypal, checking account, debit card, some other credit card
2) You can do it all from your computer – hurray culture of
3) You can use it for everyday things
4) Great customer service – Their turnaround time is less than 1 day. That’s really really good.
1) It takes a while to get your money back
2) Sometimes it doesn’t register correctly and there is no way of knowing for a day or two after purchase
3) Coupons/special codes will usually void cashback
Overall, pretty cool and supposedly there are going to be some huge cashback specials coming up to compete with the “black friday” craze. I don’t know about you but I would much rather sit at my computer to shop than go fight the crowds.